The project will result to the intensive demonstration of an improved version of the European-wide rainfall induced hazard identification tool. The main advancements will include :
- Improvement of the robustness and usability of the forecasting methodologies from the feedback obtained from the HAREN (2011 Call) project verification tests.
- Improvement of the convective storms now- casting skills using multisensory observations (European-wide OPERA radar mosaics (up to 6 hours forecasts), satellite imagery and lightning) and the introduction of a model based convection scheme to include convective evolution into the precipitation forecasts.
- European-wide lightning hazard identification and forecasting based on the GLD360 and EUCLID products.
- European-wide Hydrological hazard identification based on basin aggregated rainfall forecasts for basins over 10 km.
- Increase of the complementarity of the generated products and graphic interface with EFAS.
The improvements of the platform will be extensively demonstrated in a number of actions, analysing its usefulness for Civil Protection Agencies, including a European Training School organised at the Civil Protection of Lower Austria.
- Finnish Meteorological Institute (FI)
- Zentralanstalt für Meteorologie und Geodynamik (AT)
- Department for Rescue services of the Ministry of Interior (FI)
- Direccion General de Proteccion Civil (ES)
- Amt der NO Landesregierung (AT)
- Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SE)
- Start date
- Locațiile proiectului
- Contribuția UE
- €492 941