The project aims to develop a so called Module (experts and their equipment) for international Tier-3 oiled wildlife response in Europe. In the various project streams the project will:
• Develop a Standard Operational Procedure (SOP) for the mobilisation and activities of the new Module
• Develop a professional training course allowing a pool of European Experts to develop knowledge and skills at a competency level that would qualify them to become a member of the new Module and be able to form part of an international response team.
• Provide this training course in the second year of the project
• Maintain and ensure the availability and mobilisation preparedness of equipment as part of the Module.
• Test the new Module as part of an international exercise.
• Submit the Module for registration in CECIS.
The project will deliver the Module as part of a Tier-3 response concept, including a group of experts from different European countries that can populate the Module according to the needs of a requesting party
Sea Alarm Foundation (SAF)
Rue du Cypres 7 B10
- Wildlife Rescue Centre Ostend (WRCO) (BE)
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) (UK)
- World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF-Finland) (FI)
- ProBird (DE)
- Start date
- 1 Jan 2014
- Project locations
- BelgiumUnited KingdomFinlandGermany
- EU contribution
- €304 946