Area of activity/subject: Marine Pollution, Oil Spill.
Summary of the project: The e-URready4OS is an extension of the previous project EC DG-ECHO funded “Underwater Robotics Ready for Oil Spills –URready4OS” (http://www.upct.es/urready4os) that provided a proof-of-concept to build up a highly accurate and dynamic image of an underwater oil spill using autonomous underwater vehicles.
The challenge of this new project is to expand the current fleet of vehicles, from 5 to 12 assets, with a larger geographical extension, to increase preparedness against in-water oil spill. Fleet training and know-how transferring to Maritime Safety Agencies will be performed through two exercises on board of their rescue vessels (SASEMAR, Spain and Irish Coast Guards, Ireland) and giving courses to their technical personnel (also to Cyprus Civil Defence).
Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena (UPCT)
Edificio La Milagrosa,
Plaza Cronista Isidoro Valverde, s/n,
30202 Cartagena, Murcia
- Sociedad Estatal de Salvamento y Seguridad Marítima – SASEMAR – Spain
- Irish Coast Guard – Ireland
- Universidade do Porto – Portugal
- University of Cyprus – Cyprus
- University of Zagreb – Croatia
- The Scottish Association for Marine Science – United Kingdom
- Tallinn University of Technology – Estonia
- Universitat de Girona – Spain
- Universitat de les illes Balears - Spain
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology – Norway
- Start date
- Project locations
- EU contribution
- €598 573