Area of activity/subject: Prevention and preparedness projects in civil protection and marine pollution
Summary of the project: Global sea level (s.l.) is expected to increase from 75 to 190 cm by 2100, thus representing among the most serious effects of climate change to face in the next years. S.l. rise will amplify the impacts exerted by a multitude of hazards on infrastructure and building integrity, people safety, economic assets and cultural heritage, translating climate change impacts into socio-economic loss. SAVEMEDCOASTS intends of mitigating these risks in the Mediterranean area, providing multi-temporal scenarios of expected inland extension of marine flooding in consequence of s.l. rise, preparing people to face the next changes.
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia (INGV)
Via di Vigna Murata 605
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki – Greece- www.auth.gr
- Centro di geomorfologia integrata per l’area del Mediterraneo – Italy - www.cgiam.org
- Centro Euromediterraneo per i Cambiamenti Climatici - Italy - www.cmcc.it
- ISO TECH - Cyprus - www.isotech.com.cy
- Regional Union of Municipalities of Ionian Islands – Greece - www.ped-in.gr
- Start date
- 2016. gada 1. janv.
- Projekta īstenošanas vietas
- ES ieguldījums
- €492 617