Summary of the project
UScore2 will design a practical city-to-city peer review tool for measuring city resilience and enabling resilience action planning.
This project will apply the peer review tool to 3 EU cities with very diverse characteristics to support DRR in those cities as well as refine the tool to enable it to be more broadly applicable. An impact evaluation methodology will be developed and applied to evaluate the peer review tool and gauge its impact on enhancing city resilience. The peer review tool will be designed for use by a wide range of cities both within the EU and globally to assist cities in implementing cross sector disaster management policies in line with European civil protection frameworks and to meet the objectives of the Sendai Framework for DRR.
Salford City Council (Salford)
AGMA Civil Contingencies & Resilience Unit,
c/o Greater Manchester Police
- Resilience and Emergencies Division, Department for Communities and Local Government – United Kingdom – https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-communities-and-local-government
- Municipality of Amadora – Portugal – http://www.cm-amadora.pt/municipio
- Portuguese National Authority for Civil Protection – Portugal – http://www.prociv.pt/en-us/Pages/default.aspx
- Comune di Viggiano - Italy – http://www.comuneviggiano.it/
- The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction – Switzerland – https://www.unisdr.org/
- The University of Manchester – United Kingdom – http://www.manchester.ac.uk/
- Start date
- 2016. gada 1. janv.
- Projekta īstenošanas vietas
- United Kingdom
- ES ieguldījums
- €721 411