Area of activity/subject: Preparedness of volunteering civil protection organisations to face multi-risk and multi-site incidents.
Summary of the project: In recent years, European cities have been facing new kind of risks requiring stakeholders to rethink their strategy on how they respond to multi-site disasters and their added level of complexity in coordination. The main goal of MERCI project is to support EU large urban areas' resilience in multi-site or multi-risk incidents. This project aims to contribute towards the strengthening of civil society and volunteering civil protection organisations’ capacities and to enable them to act in coordination with public authorities before, during and after such events.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Development of a replicable transnational response planning tool based on policies, guidelines and shared operating protocols
- Strengthening responders’ capability and increase their effectiveness in the field of multi-site or multi-risk simultaneous events management
French Red Cross (CRf)
98 rue Didot
75694 Paris cedex 14
- Italian Red Cross – Italy - www.cri.it
- Spanish Red Cross – Spain - www.cruzroja.es
- Bulgarian Red Cross – Bulgaria - www.redcross.bg
- Portuguese Red Cross – Portugal - http://www.cruzvermelha.pt
- Red Cross EU Office – Belgium - www.redcross.eu
- Start date
- €398 276