The EU supports Member States in organising the repatriation of EU citizens from across the world, wherever they may be.
Once a Member State activates the EU Civil Protection Mechanism, the Commission’s Emergency Response Coordination Centre coordinates repatriations closely with Member States. The Commission can co-finance up to 75% of the transport costs. Non-EU citizens can also benefit from this assistance.
- Click here for a detailed list of past repatriation flights under the Mechanism.
- Click here for more information on our Crisis Management and Solidarity.
Last updated: 10/12/2020
- EU Civil Protection Mechanism
- Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC)
- Coronavirus response: Crisis management and solidarity