Area of activity/subject: Multi hazard assessment, risk reduction, wildfire, storms, avalanches, floods.
Summary of the project: Under several climate change scenarios increased risk of different natural disasters seems undergo with higher severity events, new areas affected or new risks interactions. NET RISK WORK wants to provide a platform of knowledge and best experience exchange dealing with four main hazards; wildfire, storms, avalanches and floods. The project will perform a best practices capitalisation process on risk planning and management capabilities, as well as a crosslink assessment on how are these hazards interacting all across Europe. Operational guidelines for natural risk disaster reduction will be delivered meanwhile regional/thematic networks of expertise will be consolidated at the end of the project.
Forest Sciences Centre of Catalonia (CTFC)
Crta. St. Llorenç de Morunys Km2
E-25280 Solsona (Spain)
- European Forest Institute, Central European Regional Office (EFICENT) – Germany - http://www.eficent.efi.int/portal/
- Forest Research Institute of Baden-Wuerttemberg (FVA) – Germany - http://www.fva-bw.de/index.html
- The Civil Protection General Directorate of Autonomous Region of Sardinia – Italy - http://www.sardegnaambiente.it/protezionecivile/
- Entente pour la forêt Méditerranéenne (EPLFM) – France - http://www.entente-valabre.com/
- Fire Ecology and Management Foundation Pau Costa Alcubierre (PCF) – Spain - http://www.paucostafoundation.org/ing/index.php
- Start date
- Project locations
- EU contribution
- €608 616