On the background of a Mediterranean Region with increasing risks of natural and man-made disasters, five national civil protection authorities join their efforts to improve national and regional capacities for addressing the consequences of hazardous events on world renowned cultural heritage sites.
The EU Civil Protection Mechanism methods and training programmes together with the Italian experiences in safeguarding cultural heritage in case of disaster will provide the basis for developing and testing common specialised civil protection capacities to be activated in case of need to protect the affected population and ensure the conservation of our common heritage.
Italian Civil Protection Department
Presidency of the Council of Ministers
11, Via Ulpiano
- Cyprus Civil Defence - Cyprus - http://www.moi.gov.cy/
- Palestinian Civil Defence - Palestine - http://www.pcd.ps/new/
- National Emergency Management Agency of Israel - Israel - http://www.rahel.mod.gov.il/
- Jordan Civil Defence - Jordan - http://www.cdd.gov.jo/english/index.php
- Fondazione Hallgarten - Franchetti Centro Studi Villa Montesca – Italy - http://www.montesca.eu/
- Start date
- EU contribution
- €799 584