The objective is to create and consolidate a European Observatory on prevention and defence against forest fires affecting urban areas and communities in the so called Wildland-Urban interfaces (WUI) in Europe by assembling a permanent forum and a special interest group.
This project addresses the need for a common approach to the problem of forest fires in the WUI in Europe and to promote the adoption of common and appropriate European wide methods, protocols, regulations and tools amongst all involved actors and stakeholders in such civil protection emergencies. To achieve this, interaction and experience interchange amongst all agents involved in such emergencies is required for the design and implementation of appropriate operational procedures and protocols.
Farisa Asesores y Consultores S.L. (METEOGRID)
- Associacao para o Desenvolvimento da Aerodinamica Industrial (ADAI) (PT)
- Fundacio d'Ecologica del Foc i Gestio d'Incendis Pau Costa Alcubierre (PCF) (ES)
- Universita Degli Studi di Sassari (UNISS) (IT)
- Entente Pour la Foret Mediterraneenne (CEREM) (FR)
Presentation of the project at the kick off meeting
- Start date
- Miesta realizácie projektu
- Príspevok EÚ
- €493 188